Dr. Alena Rumpová
Specialist for conservative ophthalmology and refractive surgery
In 1998 Dr. Rumpova underwent an eye laser treatment. Since that moment she wanted to become an ophthalmologist or specialist for refractive surgery herself.
“After such a long time, I can honestly say that this was the best decision,” she says today. So Dr. Rumpova began her training as a specialist in ophthalmology and optometry in January 2005 and finally passed her specialst examination at the Karls University in Prague in June 2013, and since April 2016 Dr. Alena Rumpová has been working in Dr. Stodulka’s laser eye clinic in Vienna.
The focus is on refractive surgery, in particular in the following areas:
- Pre- and post-examinations in the field of refractive surgery
- Independent implementation of the PRK Method
- Assistance during operations: Femto-LASIK, CXL, astigmatic keratotomy, intracorneal implants, refractive intraocular surgery, surgical presbyopia correction
- Since 2008 Austrian Medical Association
- Since 2017 European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS)